Get your car ready for Summer travel now because Spring is almost over… Now is the time get outside to enjoy the open road and magnificent views. Being confident in your vehicle reliability is key for having a fun Summer road trip. Here are some tips for maintenance that will keep your road trips safe and your vehicle reliable.
1. Inspect Shocks and Struts – Potholes and poor road conditions can cause unseen damage. Road repair takes months and sometimes never catches up with the damage from the previous Winter. Damage to shocks and struts aren’t usually noticed until you feel significant forward lunges and teeth chattering bumps. Inspect and fix before damage spreads to your suspension and possibly exhaust systems.
Potholes are caused by water freezing cracks and small holes create larger holes in pavement after Winter is long gone. Whenever possible avoid driving through potholes. If you see no way around them slow down as much as possible to avoid damaging shocks and struts
2. Test or Recharge Air Conditioning – Be ready for the coming heat
Refresh air conditioning system to remove mold and mildew, odors and other allergens
3. Refill Windshield fluids and get new Wiper Blades for better visibility
4. Inspect and or replace tires – Be ready for road trips with new tires
5. Get your May Virginia State Inspection early and avoid the end of the month rush!
Keeping up with regular, routine vehicle maintenance is the best way to insure your vehicle will keep running better for longer. The better you are at maintaining the less you will spend for an unexpected repair. A maintenance inspection at an oil change can find problems which can be fixed before a break down occurs.
Read related articles:Why Should I Replace My Struts? Can I Drive on a Rejection Sticker?