Vehicle Maintenance Tips from Titan Auto & Tire
Auto maintenance can seem daunting at times and easy to forget. Simple maintenance and practices are what will keep your vehicle running at its best. Below are 5 easy ways you can take care of your vehicle.
- Oil Change -Engine oil protects components by coating them with slick oil preventing damage causing friction. Between changes oil can become thick and dirty from normal engine wear. When oil is not changed the deposits of dirt and corrosion can destroy an engine.
- Warming your Engine – Letting your engine idle to warm on cold days is a great way to give your vehicle TLC. Engine oil thickens in cold weather. Cold engine oil can’t lubricate engine components as well as warm oil. When your temperature gauge is close to normal, your engine is ready to go.
- Replace Filters – The Engine Air Filter are the lungs of your vehicle. It filters outside air trapping dirt. Your engine needs air to run at is best so a clogged filter can be responsible for poor engine performance and fuel efficiency.
- Tire Rotation – We recommend rotating your tires at every other oil change. That can at 6,000 – 10,000 miles depending on how often you change your oil. Rotating your tires reduces wear and extends the life of your tires.
- Maintaining clean vehicle fluids – Inspect these fluids often: Brake, Transmission, Power Steering, and Coolant. Dirty fluids like dirty engine oil can cause major breakdowns requiring costly repairs. A simple fluid change now can save you hundreds later.