Titan Auto and Tire is proud to partner with the Car Care Council in April for National Car Care Month.
We believe in regular vehicle maintenance to prevent major breakdowns and common repairs. When you make maintenance a priority you will not only ride more safely on the road but your vehicle will run better for longer.
At every visit we perform a 39 point maintenance inspection that includes tires, brakes, fluids, belts, hoses and much more. Your safety is our priority.
The Car Care Council recommends 10 basic maintenance procedures to make sure vehicles are running at peak performance for the summer driving season.
- Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Check the battery and replace if necessary. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage and broken supports or hangers if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay.
- Schedule a tune-up to help the engine deliver the best balance of power and fuel economy and produce the lowest level of emissions.
- Check the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system, as proper heating and cooling performance is critical for interior comfort and for safety reasons such as defrosting.
- Inspect the steering and suspension system annually including shock absorbers, struts and chassis parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends and other related components.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check the wipers and lighting so that you can see and be seen. Check that all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving during precipitation.
Schedule your car in for a pre-trip inspection. Our techs will show you any worn parts, dirty fluids, or safety issues. We will never make a recommendation without showing you the reason.