As we wrap up Tire Safety Week today here’s what you really need to know about your tires and staying safe on the road:
- Regularly inspect your tires for punctures and tread wear, finding damage early can prevent tire replacement if the hole or tear can be safely patched.
- Rotate your tires at every other oil change or every 6,000 to 8,000 miles to keep your tire tread wearing evenly.
- Your tires are your grip on the road. Worn tire treads are unable to provide the traction and grip you need when you need to quickly brake or turn, avoiding an accident.
- Keep the correct tire pressure in your tires. Too much pressure can cause uneven tread wear because the tread isn’t reaching the road surface. It also causes a bouncy ride. Too little pressure can cause too much friction and heat ending in damage to your tires or worse the tire coming apart.
- Be safe and buy new tires, your family is too precious to trust with used tires.
We are your local Tire Experts. Call Titan Auto & Tire with your questions. We have the answers. 804-524-9115